Control and Coordination
- The control and coordination in complex animals is affected by two systems, viz. nervous system and endocrine system.
- Neuron is the functional unit of the nervous system. Neuron is composed of a cell body and a tail.
- Electrical impulse is picked up by dendrites.
- The sudden and involuntary action in an otherwise voluntary organ; in response to a stimulus is called reflex action.
- The pathway through which the whole process of reflex action takes place is called reflex arc.
- Brain is composed of three parts, viz. forebrain, midbrain and hindbrain.
- When the movement in a particular plant organ is directional (in response to a stimulus) it is called tropic movement.
- When movement in a particular plant organ (in response to a stimulus) is non-directional it is called nastic movement.
- The endocrine system is composed of many endocrine glands. The ductless glands are called endocrine glands.
These main points are highly helpful for last minute preparation for examination. You can glance through them while going for examination. You can view them in the school bus, in car, in elevator, etc.