- Resources are in limited amount on earth. Hence, we need to think about judicious use of resources.
- People who directly or indirectly depend on forests are considered as stakeholders. People who can influence the management of forest also come under stakeholders.
- Sustainable management involves utilization of resources in a way that the supply of resources can be sustained in the long run.
- Traditionally, the rainwater has been seeping down the ground to recharge underground aquifers. But this is not happening now because of various reasons.
- The water in dam is utilized for electricity generation and for irrigation.
- Displacement of people, wastage of public money and environmental damage are the disadvantages of large dams.
- Watershed management is all about scientific management of soil and water so that biomass production can be improved.
- As per estimates, petroleum is going to last for another forty years while coal is going to last for another hundred years.
- Burning of fossil fuels emits many polluting gases, like carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, oxides of sulphur and nitrogen, etc.
These main points are highly helpful for last minute preparation for examination. You can glance through them while going for examination. You can view them in the school bus, in car, in elevator, etc.