Components of Food
Fill in the blanks
- ---------- is caused by deficiency of vitamin D.
- Deficiency of ----------- causes a disease known as beri-beri.
- Deficiency of vitamin C causes a disease known as ----------
- Night blindness is caused due to deficiency of --------in our food.
Answer: Vitamin A
Answer the following question
Name the following
- The nutrients which give energy to our body.
Answer: Carbohydrate and fat
- The nutrients that are needed for the growth and maintenance of our body.
- A vitamin required for maintaining good eyesight.
Answer: Vitamin A
- A mineral that is required for keeping our bones healthy.
Name two food rich in each of the following:
Answer: Butter and peanut
Answer: Rice and potato
- Dietary fibre
Answer: Salad and sprouts
Answer:Meat and pulse
Write Yes for correct statement and No for incorrect statement
- By eating rice alone, we can fulfill nutritional requirement of our body.
- Deficiency diseases can be prevented by eating a balanced diet.
- Balanced diet for the body should contain a variety of food items.
- Meat alone is sufficient to provide all the nutrients to the body.
Answer: 1 No, 2 Yes, 3 Yes, 4 No
What is a deficiency disease?
Answer: The disease caused due to the lack of one or more nutrients in the diet is called deficiency disease.
Why is goiter caused?
Answer: Goiter is caused due to deficiency of iodine.
Name a rich source of vitamin A.
Answer: Carrot and spinach are rich sources of vitamins.
What is the function of roughage?
Answer: Roughage helps in cleaning the bowel.
What is balanced diet?
Answer: The diet which contains all the essential nutrients in the right proportion is called a balanced diet.
What are energy giving foods?
Answer: Carbohydrates and fats are energy giving food.
What are body building foods?
Answer: Proteins are body building food.
What are the sources of carbohydrates?
Answer: Rice, wheat, maize, potato and sugar are the main sources of carbohydrates.
Name the disease caused by the deficiency of iron?
Name the major nutrients in our food.
Answer:Carbohydrates, protein, and fats