|Column I||Column II|
|(i) The prairies||(a) Gold capital of the world|
|(ii) Johannesburg||(b) Sea of grasses|
|(iii) Grasslands||Granaries of the world|
Answer: (i) c, (ii) a, (iii) b
Fill in the blanks:
- A local wind ‘Chinook’ blows in the ______.
- The summers are short and warm in the ____
- ______ is famous for its diamond mines.
- The climate of the prairies is of ________ type.
- The _________ region is the most industrialized region in the world.
Answer: (1) Prairies, (2) Velds, (3) Kimberley, (4) Continental, (5) Prairies
Multiple Choice Questions:
Question 1: The native Americans of the prairies are often called the _____
- Blue Indians
- Red Indians
Answer: (d) Red Indians
Question 2: Which of the following is a species of sheep?
Answer: (c) Merino
Question 3: The coldest month in the velds is ______
Answer: (d) July
Question 4: _____ are the sturdy men who look after the ranches
Answer: (c) Musclemen
Question 5: The bison is also called the _____
- Prairie buffalo
- American buffalo
- African buffalo
Answer: (c) American buffalo